Sunday, November 7, 2010

My ideal job


Like most people, when I go to work every morning, I want to enjoy what I do. Thus, as an avid sports fan I think it would be great to work with athletes and promote the sports I love to watch. I could definitely use my own insights to my advantage, and for me it would be a lot easier of a task to advertise the NBA rather than generic medications. Therefore, based on advertisements I've seen, research I conducted, and their client list, I think I would enjoy working at Wieden+Kennedy - most well known for their work with Nike. We are all familiar with the iconic tagline they created, "Just do it." I enjoy the satirical, humorous ads they produce for ESPN, particularly the behind the scenes operations at the ESPN offices and their Arnold Palmer spot. Their behind the scene ads feature well known athletes in uniform in the actual office. "This is Sportscenter" "Arnold Palmer"
I think these ads are good because it highlights the ESPN network by showing the consumer the in-depth information and breaking news they provide for sports fans in a funny, fictional way. A majority of their ads feature celebrity endorsements, also very appealing to the consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment