Sunday, September 19, 2010

Visual Solutions


This advertisement is simple, yet very effective. If you look closely, you'll notice a hand showing the peace sign. Then you look to the bottom of the ad and see the hand in the camera up close, with the words 24X and zoom optico. The camera apparently has zoom-in capabilities like binoculars. I like the ad a lot because this is an important feature I would consider when buying a camera. Whenever I go to football and baseball games I always take a picture on my cell phone and this advertisement is telling me that with the samsung camera, I can now zoom in and see my favorite players up close.

You would think that trying to advertise a product without using any words would be difficult, but I think this ad is brilliant. The Duro lock is still on the shredded locker, which was obviously harder to break into than just cutting up the locker. The reason this is effective is because shredding a locker is not easy. So unless someone can inconspicuously break into your locker with some power tools, you have nothing to worry about.

We're all familiar with kit-kat bars, and there slogan "break me off a piece of that kit-kat bar." The shocking/bizarre image catches your attention, and then you see their slogan, "Have a break. Have a kit-kat." However, other than the fact that the human is split, and kit-kat's split, it doesn't really compel me or make me feel as if I want a kit-kat bar right now. The person seems to be in pain as well. You can also notice little bits of chocolate flying around, like the person is a giant piece of chocolate, but the piece of chocolate doesn't seem too appetizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment