Sunday, October 3, 2010

Word.


This advertisement is from Germany. The adjectives describing the burger are also creating an image of a burger. Some of the translated words include: pleasure, taste, delicious, smacking, and delicate. I like it, and I don't like it. What I do like is how the shadow underneath the burger says "taste is king." The message they are trying to convey is clear, "come to Burger King and be treated like a King." I think it is interesting how the different words represent different ingredients, and it even includes sesame seeds. However, I think that some type is hard to define. Maybe if I was fluent in German I would be able to distinguish it more easily though. Also, the adjectives all describe the burger but, the image doesn't look to appealing, it looks play-dough or rubber.

This ad for Gorilla Super Glue is clever, but I think could be done more effectively. This advertisement is from Spain so at first I didn't realize what Gorilla was but I'm sure it is a well-known brand in Spain. The advertisement combines two words to symbolize the power of the product. I think they could have used a better relationship rather than water and oil, or things that can actually be glued together.

This ad is for Prajwala, an organization in India against prostitution. Besides the fact that they spell prostitute wrong (prostitite), I think it is great. It effectively tells prostitutes themselves the consequences of the business, but it also speaks to Pimps. On the bottom it says, "A [Prostitute] only becomes one when you hire her." which tries to convince Pimps of the immorality of the business. Overall I think the message is really strong, but the fact of the matter is, Pimps most likely won't change their minds because of these ads, but this may help steer women away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment